The Cementer supports the process of preparing a well for further drilling, production or abandonment. Cementing a well is the procedure of developing and pumping cement into place in a wellbore.
- Provides front-line support for customer and accurately completes all paperwork prior to or upon completion of job.
- Responsible for the preparation of the slurry for pumping in to the wellbore and performing cementing calculations.
- Ensures the operation of equipment is in accordance with the company’s safety and operating procedures and offshore cementing standards.
- Ensures that equipment pressure testing is carried out in a routine manner.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that the Health and Safety of co-workers, or any other person who may be affected by the activities is the primary consideration before planning and executing any operational task.
- Commercial driver license with T, N and H endorsements
- Oilfield equipment operating experience
- General knowledge of drilling and completion techniques and drilling/ work over rig operations